Position Type: Permanent
Work Location: Mumbai
About WhiteHat Jr.
An incredibly rare opportunity for a passionate, pedigreed Legal Leader to join WhiteHat Jr., the fastest growing Ed-Tech start-up backed by BYJUs and an award-winning management team. The founder is highly reputed with a blue-chip pedigree and a history of successful exits. WhiteHat Jr. has shown blockbuster results in the first 18 months, targeting an immediate $1.1+ Billion market, enabling tremendous experience and wealth generation in a short time for a dynamic, out of the box thinker.
Experience: 12-25 years
Qualification: CS and LLM/ LLB from a recognized University
We are looking for a highly qualified Lawyer to oversee the legal aspects of our business while the organization expands international business. The incumbent will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Assist the organization in the international expansion
– Review and evaluate the organization’s policies, procedures, products and programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Make recommendations for change where applicable.
– Manage legal vetting, Drafting and negotiating all kinds of legal contracts. Develop creative approaches to managing legal risks and resolving disputes.
– Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
– Should have experience in managing intellectual property, GDPR Laws, Customer Complaints, Social Media Policies, Company Secretarial Compliances, Trade Marks, Overseas Branding Laws etc.
– Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
– Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
– Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
– Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
– Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.
Requirement – Qualification & Skills:
– The candidate should have very good experience in International business expansion and secretarial function of the Organization
– Law Degree from recognized university
– Admitted as qualified lawyer in India
– Certified CS
– 12 -25 years of experience post qualification in medium or large private practice (law firm) or MNC (in-house), preferably both.
– Experience providing legal counsel on a wide variety of corporate/commercial matters
– Strong compliance/commercial experience.
– Highest ethical standards, promote ethical behavior and high professional integrity
This is a one-in-a-lifetime chance to have an impact on a global scale with thousands of children and hundreds of educators.
Backed by BYJUs and an award-winning management team, this is a rare opportunity for a passionate, driven hire to see a business being built from scratch and gain life- changing experience.