Role : VP, Regional Manager Legal for Corporate/ Wholesale Banking (South)
Organization : A leading Indian Bank.
Location : Bangalore
Candidates native to South India and with knowledge of local language (Karnataka) will be preferred.
Candidate should have :
– Ability to work independently, manage complex projects, exercise good judgment and work effectively in challenging business environments.
– Proficiency in drafting, written, oral communication skills and negotiating skills, strong intellectual and legal skills.
– Commercial and practical outlook, ability to handle a number of matters and to prioritize and re-prioritize in a pressurized commercial environment with strong attention to detail.
– Create an organizational approach towards legal matters. Guard organization against legal risks. Assist managers and ensure compliance.
– End to end transaction management skills and ability to navigate internal processes and coordinate with clients across multiple regions.
– Experience in drafting, monitoring execution of various facility and security documents for multiple banking, consortium, syndication documents, including security creation through mortgage, hypothecation, assignment, pledge, STA etc. Ability to advise on the transactions like ECB, NCDs, Bonds and commercial papers.
– Advising on standard terms and conditions for a wide range of banking products; advising on the structuring and execution of non-standard transactions ; reviewing, negotiating and drafting legal transaction documentation; vetting of legal reports/ title search reports / legal opinions. Handling mortgages and other security creation processes.
– Should have exposure to cross-border transactions-regular interaction with law firms of various jurisdictions across the globe for arranging capacity and enforceability opinions.
– Should have working knowledge in ICC Rules like UCP, URC, URDG, URF; Exposure in operational aspects of Trade transactions; Special skill in handling Factoring transactions, Bill discounting/purchasing (both purchaser/vendor) and drafting and reviewing of documents related thereto.
– Assisting Business, Credit, Risk and Credit monitoring teams with advice on a general legal, regulatory and contract matters arising from transactions of corporate and investment banking business.
– Drafting legal opinions and pleadings in respect of the matters pending before various courts and tribunals involving banking, payment services, negotiable instruments, securities, security enforcement laws and various other contracts.
– Up to date knowledge in Circulars and other notifications of Regulators like RBI, MCA and SEBI.