The primary role of the Service Delivery Operations head falls into broad categories:
1. Shape and develop SDO (service delivery organization) level Operations Strategy
2. Manage Client site Delivery Operations and Client stakeholders relationship
3. Collaborate with the Onshore Delivery lead to ensure contracted service scope is delivered as committed
4. Lead a team of Operations Managers to evaluate and take actions that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy
5. Set performance goals for the delivery team
– Develop operational goals for each service tower which are aggressive, yet obtainable, and tied to long-term goals of the company
6. Monitor service tower performance against performance goals to ensure progress is being made and corrective action, if necessary, is taken.
– Ensure adherence to financial targets / budgets
– Ensure adherence to innovation, cost reduction targets
– Ensure adherence to people engagement, retention targets
7. Build capability of delivery teams and ensure knowledge retention
Key Success Drivers:
– Strong attention to detail and ability to aim at perfection.
– Ability to follow-up with multiple stakeholders and get things done.
– Excellent interpersonal communication skills and an ability to develop and maintain professional relationships.
– Superior project management and organizational skills.
– Highly developed critical thinking and analysis skills.
– Think logically, learn quickly and translate into technical and layperson terms – Excellent communication skills both spoken and written.
– Sound business judgment and an appreciation and interest in the ‘big picture’.
– Ability to define and solve unstructured business problems.
– Ability to make decisions and defend them clearly.
– Self-motivation, independence and process driven thinking.
– Be highly motivated, energetic, disciplined, and results oriented.
– Strong ethics and transparency in dealings with clients, vendors, colleagues and partners
Skills and experience:
– Recent BPO experience must
– Strong leader of people, continuously coaching and developing the bench
– Good client relationship skills
– A track record of strong operational delivery managing a large team
– Proven track record of driving change in people and processes, with strong project management, implementation and process improvement skills
– Proven team working skills, the ability to see the “big picture”
– Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity
– Data driven action orientated, with strong reporting, data analysis, presentation skills, and organizational abilities
– Inquisitive, analytical and challenges the status quo
– Ability to take ‘measured’ risks
– Proven experience of managing to a budget
– Knowledge of project and program management desirable