Designation : Associate Director – Business Advisory
About Us :
upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale. upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship etc. upGrad is looking for people passionate about management and education to help design learning programs for working professionals to help us expand our overseas business and to stay sharp, relevant and help build the careers of tomorrow.
– upGrad was awarded the Best Tech for Education by IAMAI. upGrad was also ranked as one of the LinkedIn Top Startups 2020: The 25 most sought-after startups in India
– upGrad was earlier selected as one of the top ten most innovative companies in India by FastCompany.
– We were also covered by the Financial Times along with other disruptors in Ed-Tech
– upGrad is the official education partner for Government of India – Startup India program too
– Our program with IIIT B has been ranked #1 program in the country in the domain of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
What You Would Be Doing :
– End to end management and coordination for M&A and investment deals.
– Drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts for global subsidiaries, including but not limited to APAC, MENA and UAE business.
– Leading contract negotiations and closure of all strategic partnerships for upGrad’s global entities.
– Overseeing management of the legal contracts function across foreign subsidiaries and working closely with foreign leadership.
What We Are Looking At :
– Law graduate with minimum 8+ years of experience from a leading law firm, having experience in handling complex transaction documents (M&A, PE investments, etc.).
– Good business acumen
– Good negotiation skills
– Articulate with excellent communication skills
– Basic knowledge on Companies Act, 2013 and FEMA
– Should be able to work independently.
Please note that we are looking for law professionals from Law firm only