About slice :
slice is a fintech startup focused on India’s young population. We aim to build a smart, simple, and transparent platform to redesign the financial experience for millennials and bring success and happiness to people’s lives. Growing with the new generation is what we dream about and all that we want. We believe that personalization combined with an extreme focus on superior customer service is the key to build long-lasting relations with young people.
About team/role :
In this role, you will play a strategic role in ensuring that slice complies with applicable statutory, legal and regulatory requirements, as well as maintaining high standards of corporate governance. You will also be a vital link between Executive Management and other key stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
– Matters related to business laws, laws related to NBFCs, legal advice relating to RBI requirements and general operations of the company
– Draft / review all contracts and agreements related to fund-raising activities such as debt, structured debt and equity
– Drafting / vetting of legal contracts (client engagements, MSAs, NDAs, MOUs, general contracts, employment contracts, etc)
– Assume complete responsibility of all commercial and non-commercial communication with customers
– Work closely with the collections team to provide desired legal support for the resolution of delinquent portfolios and escalations
– Keep updated on various regulations applicable to the Company and implement required changes by coordinating with various internal and external stakeholders
– Should be able to effectively participate in new business process roll-outs and should identify, rationalise and mitigate the legal & contractual risks involved
– Handle all legal queries and legal communication with various stakeholders
– To keep track of the compliances / obligations arising out of various contracts and shall maintain such systems or processes in place to ensure the proper updating and compliance of all such ongoing obligations.
– Excellent communication and organizational skills, with the ability to manage and execute numerous projects simultaneously.
– Bachelor in Law/Masters in Law from a recognised university
– Overall 5-7 years of experience and specifically, 2-3 years of experience working in a Non-Banking – Financial Institution or a Legal Advisory Firm having advised any fin-tech or financial institutions is a must
– Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
– Strong analytical and communication skills
– Established network of professional relationships within the financial services space
– Comprehensive understanding of NBFC/FinTech business
– Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with excellent attention to detail