Senior Manager – Legal – M&A/Fund Raising (4-10 yrs)
This position will work on a broad mix of transactions, including M&A, joint ventures, and fund raising. Most of the work will have an international dimension and will range from large scale, complex cross border transactions to smaller deals which provide greater leadership responsibility.
– Provide proactive legal services, supporting the EMEA & APAC region in M&A legal matters including in relation to business strategy, performance and risk management.
– Working on M&A transactions, with responsibility for progressing key legal work streams, including being responsible for liaising with key stakeholders such as investors, Company
– Secretarial, Legal HR, Finance, Treasury, HR, Property and Insurance, as well as external stakeholders such as external counsel, accountants, corporate financiers, investment banking and corporate brooking
– Supporting on full scale worldwide or pan-regional acquisitions and divestment of existing businesses, new ventures and a variety of joint ventures and providing co-ordination and support on global transactions
– Front-line management of deals, including drafting and negotiating the key transaction documents, control of due diligence, advising on anti-trust issues, disclosure exercises and closings, managing projects to a budget, and taking responsibility for client satisfaction
– Assisting with general corporate advisory work/training and other activities to keep in touch with internal clients and continue building relationships
– Supporting on Group led restructurings and re-financing.
– A qualified lawyer with approximately 5-8 years post qualification experience excellent academics and strong corporate transaction experience gained in a top law firm. Secondment or in-house experience will be considered favourably
– Cross border M&A experience is essential
– Direct experience of transactions is essential. In this respect, knowledge of listing rules would be advantageous
– Must be able to work and lead autonomously on deals with minimal supervision and have credible experience of doing so. Be comfortable with negotiating commercial and non-legal issues (including price adjustment mechanisms e.g. working capital adjustments, earn outs) as well as purely legal corporate issues
– Excellent commercial judgement enabling consideration of legal requests in a commercial, constructive and business-sympathetic way, balancing business needs with legal risk
Note: This is not general legal profile, please share your profile if you have M&A, Fund raising experience is must .
Fill free to call me if your profile matching as per the requirement.