– Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documents covering loans, debenture subscriptions/ issuances, structured finance and other transactions.
– Review and rendering of advice on transaction structures from a regulatory perspective.
– Drafting of various processes and standardization of templates.
– Co-ordinating with external counsels for advisory and related matters.
– Assist in due diligence processes.
– Managing overall corporate legal activities of the company.
– Contribute towards knowledge management and building of the team from a legal and regulatory perspective.
– Actively co-ordinate with internal teams to ensure smooth transaction closure and implementation of processes where relevant.
– Preparation of high-quality initial documentation which requires minimal modifications.
– Undertaking of transactions independently with limited guidance/ overview.
– Assistance in execution of transactions.
– Research on applicable statutory and regulatory norms, precedents and market practices
Primary Responsibilities :
– Establishing and implement the legal vision along with the founding team.
– Manage a high – pressure work environment, responding to the needs of a fast-growing business on institutional finance, capital markets, asset management and retail finance.
Always be on the cutting edge of legal developments and disseminate to the wider organization important trends on aspects including but not limited to:
– Technology and impact on financial services
– Regulatory norms applicable to the organization
– Legal regime surrounding the services and products offered by the organization
– Foreign investment norms,Structured finance,Retail finance,Consumer protection frameworks and applicability to VCPL.
– Asset management
– Equity investments.
– Assist in development and implementation of scalable internal policies on:
– Risk management
– Recovery processes
– Evaluation of collateral
– Conflict of interest
– Consumer protection
– Other internal processes.
– Identify competitive advantages and legal / regulatory trends for the benefit of a company.
– Be responsible for real time resolution and to deliver key requirements confirming to specified timelines and client requirements.
– Ensure delivery of high quality work customized to meet specific client and business requirements, meeting the best market standards.
– Communicate effectively and unambiguously with all internal and external stakeholders.
– Build own negotiating capabilities.
– Work in a collaborative manner to benefit from the collective wisdom and deal experience of the market, while retaining own discretion.
– Assist in preparation of and ensure implementation of sound processes that realize hygiene around all activities including data management, confidentiality, drafting standards.
– Assist the team in developing well researched positions and practices and in rendering sound advice for undertaking transactions
Desired Skills :
– Good technical knowledge of laws pertaining to the field of banking and finance.
– Excellent and in depth research skills.
– Possess a highly solution oriented and business focused approach and always play an enabling role for business.
– Have excellent drafting, and reviewing skills, be adept at problem solving, running large deals till closure and possess the ability to prepare high quality and well drafted documents.
– Ability to understand business requirements and how this would translate to requirements from the legal team.
– Have impeccable integrity, work ethics and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
– Ability to present / articulate / position an idea compellingly.
– Be as ambitious as we are, and hence willing to travel, go out of her/his way to build at the highest quality, burn the midnight oil to meet goals and deadlines.
– Have demonstrated resilience – stayed with companies with minimal/ no switch in jobs.
– Willingness to learn quickly, including the commercial and structural aspects of products and effectively implement such learning.
– Reliability for timely and effective completion of work allocated.