About the Role
Are you a Lawyer with an expert in transaction documentation, corporate laws? Having an interest in legal research and can lead the team? Then this may be a good fit for you.
Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Work closely with team across BUs to draft and/or review various agreements including,
– Agreements/ documentation with partner organisations like Grant Agreements/Contribution Agreements, NDAs, MoUs, resolving queries of partners, helping with due diligence, etc.
– agreements with startups like Prototyping support agreement, incubation cum mentoring agreement, space allocation agreement, etc.
– general business agreements to engage with advisors, consultants, program partners and government bodies, etc.
– Agreement with employees like employment agreements, relieving letters, etc.
2. Leading and managing end to end investment process including conducting/ supporting legal due diligence of target company (the investee) prior to investment, drafting and reviewing share subscription agreement(s) and shareholders agreement(s), reviewing and drafting CP/CS documents, MCA forms, Share certificate, and stamping and executing agreements/documents, etc.
3. Conduct Legal and regulatory research for:
– projects or funding deals lead, the research may required analysis involving various Indian laws, including the Companies Act, SEBI regulations, FEMA, etc
– Advise CO’s portfolio companies/ incubatee on extant regulation, this can range from companies law to Indian labour law
4. Publish articles on legal aspects affecting the startup ecosystem to further CO’s aim to be a thought leader and share the knowledge and experience it has gained over the years in the startup ecosystem
5. Responsible for managing and leading the legal & compliance team across all things – performance of the team, team discipline and development, ensuring the team is updated on all the necessary legislations and any alterations in the same.
– Qualification: Lawyer with 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience
– Excellent spoken and written communication skills
– Excellent ability to analyse laws and regulations
– Excellent team leading and management skills
– In-depth knowledge of companies law, Contract Act, Stamp Act, Foreign Exchange Management Act and SEBI regulations dealing with venture funds
– Intellectual curiosity and ability to – get smart quick- on a wide variety of topics
– Proficiency in MS Office