Senior Associate – Legal – Consulting Firm – LLB (4-8 yrs)
The person will report to the Partner
1) Worked on M&A, Early and growth stage Investment transactions, handling due diligence, pre-closing, and post-closing transaction-related matters.
2) Competence in a broad range of corporate and business laws, import & export regulations, especially in the areas of commercial transactions and statutory compliances.
3) Structuring, drafting, negotiating, and advising on a wide range of matters from complex, multi-jurisdictional investment agreement transactions and other corporate law agreements;
4) Legal advice relating to the general operations of the company.
5) High execution, ownership, and finishing skills along with the ability to have a 360-degree view of a transaction and basic knowledge on FEMA and tax that are relevant to a transaction
6) Ability to lead a team of Lawyers and Company Secretaries
7) Ability to train and guide a team of lawyers and company secretaries.
8) Excellent legal and business judgment.
9) Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
10) Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage and execute numerous projects simultaneously.
11) Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters from complex matters to routine standard matters.
1) Reliability, dependability:
Works hard and does what it takes to get results and meets deadlines. Takes accountability and works well in a cross-functional team. Writing, speaking and listening effectively. Writes, speaks and presents information effectively, clearly, and with brevity. Communicates to improve understanding, decision-making, and performance. Understands the value of listening to others. Thinks before speaking. Probes to understand and confirms understanding of what is heard. Encourages others to speak.
Handles unexpected events calmly. Successfully copes with unintended consequences. Helps co-workers thrive in stressful situations. Identifies and manages stress due to lack of control. Acts with the highest level of professionalism and maturity during crisis situations. Looks immediately for resolution rather than placing blame.
3) Open communication:
Willing to ask and honestly answer the tough questions. Treats others opinions with respect. Fosters open communication and candid discussions. Shares information that helps others do their job well. Keeps others in the loop.
– LL.B. from a recognized university in India.
– Company Secretary (preferred but not compulsory)
The candidate can expect to have a path clearly charted out towards becoming a partner in the firm in the next 5-8 years subject to outstanding performance, high ownership, integrity, ethos, and team-building mindset.