Job Description :
– Manage all legal issues in all aspects of the Region with a view to mitigate and eliminate risks while enforcing adherence to all laws and regulations applicable to the concerned states.
– To attend and advise Business Unit’s queries/matters pertaining to the provisions of various state Acts including Shops and Establishment Act/Municipal Act/Stamp act/Minimum Wages Act and other banking related laws in day to day business transaction of the Bank.
– To act as a facilitator in resolving legal issues pertaining to MSE and Housing verticals at Region while processing/sanctioning of Loan.
– Vetting of Title Scrutiny Reports submitted by panel Advocates to ensure that the business necessities of the Bank are accomplished without compromising the statutory requirements.
– Managing legal issues pertaining to creation/registration of Mortgages, Hypothecation, Pledge etc.
– Drafting/vetting/review of all kinds of credit documentation for MSE and Housing, including security documents and all transaction documents for various kinds of fund based and non-fund based facilities.
– Initiation and pursuing measures under the provisions of SARFAESI Act.
– Drafting Legal Notice/Recall Notice, Notice under Section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act, Reply Notices/Rejoinders etc.
– Monitoring all cases filed against the Bank and cases filed by the Bank, including cases filed under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act and criminal cases.
– Filing Appeals/Revision/Review, wherever required.
– Proactively involve in reduction of NPA and enhancing recovery by suggesting and following up legal measures including conducting lok Adalat, initiating procedure under sarfaesi Act and filing suits.
– Supporting Credit Collections Team in managing collections and recovery through legal means.
– Vetting of Lease Deed/Leave and License agreements for Branches and ATMs and assist in execution of the same. Support in renewal of lease deed pertaining to premises/ATMs.
– Replying to complaints received from stakeholders or notices received from authorities like Tahsildar, District Collector, Enforcement Authorities, Police Dept. etc.
– Advising on settlement of death claims.
– Attending/resolving issues pertaining to Banking Ombudsman.
– Monitoring performance of panel Advocates and act as a facilitator between business verticals and panel Advocates.
– Attend to labour related matters and assist HR in conducting disciplinary proceeding.
– Support the HR Department in all Disciplinary Proceedings, including in drafting of Show Cause Notices, Charge Sheets, Termination Orders etc.
– Appraising Head of Legal/Head Office Legal Department in time bound manner, the changes and developments in local laws affecting functioning of Banks and which will have impact on business.