Position : Sr Associate/ Principal Associate – Corporate Commercial and Real Estate
Location : Mumbai
Desired Candidate Profile :
– Legal degree (LL.B./ LL.M.) with at least 7-8 years post qualification experience. Special focus on the following areas of work. able to independently run M&A, JVs, commercial deals.
– Conducting due diligence of regulated and unregulated entities.
– Drafting agreements and leading negotiations relating to Private Equity/Venture Capital matters, strategic buy-out, merger and acquisitions.
– Handling advisory mandates (which entails preparing legal opinions / memos and structures).
– Drafting complex commercial agreements.
– The candidate should be familiar with Companies Act, 2013, Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and the rules made thereunder, basic tax knowledge, employment related issues including applicable Labour Laws, Insurance Act, 1938, Secretarial compliances, Intellectual Property Laws etc.
In addition to the above, the candidate should :
– Candidate should be good at drafting, researching, written and oral communication.
– Candidate should have good negotiation skill and the ability to do precise legal analysis.
– Demonstrated ability to guide and mentor team / firm members.
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be a good team player in an open and dynamic environment.
– Have an experience of developing/ maintaining relationship with clients.
Key Responsibilities :
– Demonstrating strong legal analysis, communication/ drafting skills on ongoing basis through day-to-day deliverables.
– Conducting due-diligence and participating in negotiations relating to Private Equity/Venture Capital matters, strategic buy-out, merger and amalgamations.
– To maintain and develop relationship with existing clients.
– To generate new relationships and assist partners / team heads in bringing in new business by setting up meetings / presentations and providing all necessary assistance.
– Consistently deliver excellent service to meet and exceed client expectations.
– To assess and plan for future trends, opportunities and threats by anticipating the need for change.
– To guide and mentor team / firm members in legal and/or other perspectives across all offices of the firm.
– Experience on drafting other commercial agreements and opinions etc would be an added advantage.
– Demonstrate and live by Values of the Firm.
Technical Knowledge :
Adept in use of technology and high level of competence with Microsoft Office suite. Efficiently/ effectively using all features in the following software /application:
– Microsoft Word.
– Microsoft Outlook.
– Microsoft Teams.