Our client is a leader in providing next-generation technology to global enterprises. They combine their core business knowledge with leading technologies such as digital, robotics process automation, cognitive technologies and analytics to offer powerful business intelligence that helps in improving business visibility, allowing business leaders to respond quickly to evolving market needs.
This position will work for Insurance BU and will be accountable for delivering profitable growth of the business line through Consulting, retention of existing relationships, new customer acquisition, and innovation.
Function: Insurance ITeS / Digital Operations & Platforms / Business Process Services
Domain: Life & Pension
What is the focus of the function?
– Drive growth of the business by leading the creation of new solution offerings for L&P
– Build relationships with customers globally based on thought leadership and clear positioning of the client’s Insurance vertical value proposition
– To be responsible for meeting the revenue targets, through a combination of region / account-wise and solution offerings-based go to market
– Liaise within all departments of the client to collaborate and co-create differentiated solution offerings
– This position is responsible for leading all transformation initiatives managed through both direct and indirect reports
Why does this job exist?
– Large conglomerates are outsourcing an entire department or function to our client. Our client is a leading technology provider in the insurance space and requires a thought leader who can embed & grow business process services and platform delivery within the insurance domain.
How does the role add value?
– The candidate should be a thought leader in the insurance delivery and/or insurance consulting domain, who can help bring new clients to the insurance practice, set up stable operations.
– Our client is also looking at a thought leader who can strategize the growth of the insurance DOP.
How is this role unique from others?
– Very few roles of this breadth and reach available in the market. Unique ability to be part of a service provider organization with an integrated process and technology scope.
What are the minimum prior qualifications to be an applicant for this role?
– 15+ years in the industry with strong Insurance background. Must also have very strong interpersonal skills. Prior experience managing offshore delivery for large clients.
What are the key initiatives and challenges facing this role in the next six months to three years?
– Setting up & developing the entire program. Onboarding the teams to support multiple client engagements and establishing consistent delivery standards. Managing Key Operational Metrics for the domain and support the growth to the vertical. Setting up new business operations in the domain, Ability to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. Lead and guide the team technically. Show value beyond the performance and innovate on ideas to improve processes.
Key Roles and Responsibilities :
1. Contribute to operational planning for the clients
2. Contribute to projects through innovative and path breaking ideas and suggestions
3. Manage offshore delivery teams – The activities would include managing with an organization structure, performance management of the team – hire and retain best talent, manage aspirations of individuals, create and implement growth & development plans for the team, manage team motivation levels, provide guidance for career & succession planning, keeping the attrition rate of the team to the minimum
4. People leadership
5. Build relationships and partnerships with internal business stakeholders to drive cross sell of business in existing accounts
6. Ensure delivery per customer expectation, SLA and ensure Customer satisfaction; develop new relationships which lead to new projects from existing or referred customers; good VoC
7. Develop an organization that can sustain growth and can foster a culture of excellence and innovation; highly motivated employees and low attrition – 15%. Constantly explore the development of an organization that can attract right talent for sustainable growth for the practice
8. Facilitate an environment of Continuous Improvement, develop framework and methodology for more efficient delivery of work
Knowledge, Experience, and Education
– Insurance industry expertise
– Global Exposure
– Strong oral and written communication skills and executive presentation skills
– Ability to interface at all levels of an organization
– Sound financial & commercial Business Understanding
– Specific insurance delivery and/or sales experience
– Fortune 500 company experience
– Strategic consulting expertise or practice at a large consulting firm
– Graduate degree from premier Institutes required
– MBA from Tier 1 institutes will be an advantage
– Insurance Industry background
– Excellent communication and executive presence to connect at CXO level
– Ability to influence multiple internal stakeholders
– Ability to built deep client partnerships
– Ability to lead & build strong teams
– Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
– Demonstrated track record managing offshore delivery centers and large client accounts
– Exposure to working in a technology-centric construct
– Experience within the captive insurance industry & TPA operations would be beneficial
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM APPLYING IF YOU ARE NOT FROM BPO/BPS/O&O INDUSTRY WITH INSURANCE (LIFE & ANNUITIES) PRACTICE EXPERIENCE