Phoenix Mills – Assistant General Manager – Legal – LLB/LLM (10-18 yrs)
Job Title : Assistant General Manager
Department / Division : Legal
External Interface :
– Clients (Retail/Commercial Tenants)
– External Legal Counsel
– Statutory/ Regulatory agencies(Police Department, Licensing Authorities etc.
Minimum Qualification : (i.e education, training etc.)
– Graduate / Post Graduate in Law from a reputed institute with a good academic record.
– Qualified Solicitor(Sr. Lawyer)
– 7- 10 years of total experience, and at least 5 years in the Real Estate industry will be an added advantage
– At least 3 years experience in a leading law firm
– Candidates having exposure in IT industry especially in E-commerce will be a plus.
– Advanced knowledge of legal administration, especially contract related matters
– Exposure in drafting agreements like Development, Sale, Lease, Leave and License, Service contracts, Domain Server , Legal Rights etc
– Understanding of Statutory/Regulatory Compliance Management
– Exposure to E-Commerce & IP Issues.
Overall Purpose/Objective :
Of the job Lead the Legal function for a project/center by identifying, anticipating, and mitigating legal risk; providing legal support to the senior management from the project concept stage to operations
Key Responsibilities :
– Ensures being a part of the front end team while the negotiations with the contractor/vendor and thus get involved in the resolution of any disputes/ litigations
– Responsible for devising a list of proactive measures that can be introduced to mitigate legal risks, provide legal advice for policy formulation, install the relevant systemic framework and its maintenance; plan implementation with the leadership team
– Ensure and oversee the timely submission of relevant documents and returns to external stakeholders / regulatory authorities and represent the company for resolution of any legal issue or escalation
– Ensure that the project maintains a strong and consistent legal compliance record and it is completed and operated as per statutory/ regulatory norms and contract terms and thereby no penalty clauses are invoked against the Company
– Collate all signed LOIs to prepare a consolidated Deviation Matrix and discuss clause-by-clause with the VP – Leasing, post which only deviations if any would be allowed to go into the final agreement document
– Ensure the process of lease negotiations with other tenants (inline/vanilla) are carried out by the Sr. Manager / Manager – Legal as per the defined process
– Ensure the registration of the final agreement document is carried out as per statutory guidelines and provide inputs as required
– Ensure effective litigation management of all cases -identification, appointment and management of external litigation partners, filing of cases and monitoring their progress, and provide timely updates to the business leadership
– Ensure safe and custody of all original documents by the corporate/center’s legal teams
– Take care of legacy litigation work in the operational mall related to a service tax issues in coordination with the external legal counsel by ensuring all records of dates/appearances are maintained