MX Player is an entertainment super app that caters to over 200 million Monthly Active users in India, integrating all forms of entertainment on one platform – including video playback, streaming video, music and gaming. Defining – everytainment- for viewers with entertainment that suits every mood, it currently operates on an ad supported model and hosts a wide library of over 2,00,000 hrs of premium content across 10 languages, including a critically acclaimed slate of MX Original/ Exclusives, movies, web series, TV shows, news and audio music. The app is available across Android, iOS, Web, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Android TV and OnePlus TV amongst others.
Having launched its gaming feature in February 2020, Games on MX Player has grown exponentially with 25m Monthly Active Gaming Users and this tournament style slew of hyper casual mobile games is now available across its Android and iOS apps.
From the stable of Times Internet (the digital venture of Times of India, India’s largest media and entertainment group), MX Player has now spread its footprints across 12 markets including UAE, US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Bangladesh, Nepal, Afghanistan, Srilanka, Maldives, and Bhutan. MX has further expanded its business with the launch of its short format video app MX TakaTak – a home-grown platform that offers a wide variety of short form content and creation tools across genres that is home to the largest number of 1Mn+ digital influencers as well as MX ShareKaro that is an easy-to-use file sharing app with rapid transfer speed.
MX TakaTak – a short format video app by MX Player is a world-class, home-grown platform that offers a wide variety of short form content and creation tools like a well organized and exhaustive background music library, advanced beautification tools, new & innovative effects/filters, sound mixing, and voice over recording amongst others. This app aims to nurture and enable digital enthusiasts to build their own success stories as influencers by enjoying and creating imaginative short format videos across genres such as Dialogue Dubbing, Comedy, Gaming, DIY, Food, Sports, Memes and many more. Generating 1 Billion+ videos views daily and home to 1Mn+ digital influencers, this free to use platform caters to 10Mn Daily Active Users (DAU) and 45Mn Monthly Active Users.
About the Role :
Key Responsibilities and Accountability :
– Support the Legal department with ongoing work streams.
– Due Diligence for acquisition of content, production of content, highlighting risks involved, and close all documentation and agreements towards this purpose.
– The educating, implementing and enforcing the best practices and compliance requirements as part of the Legal and Business affairs.
– Structure effectively, draft, vet and negotiate the wide spectrum of media and technology agreements including KOLs/Influencers tie-up, content production, ad-server partnerships, content acquisition/distribution etc.
– Ensuring company’s interest is well secured while handling agreements.
– Regular communication with respective business teams, identify and address legal issues associated with copyright protection and enforcement.
Skills & Competencies :
– Thorough knowledge of intellectual property, entertainment and technology laws.
– Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
– The ability to analyze complex legal problems quickly and concisely.
– Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor communication styles to diverse audiences.
– Understanding the changing nature of media and digital industry and the copyright law regime.
– Have the ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment and can prioritize requests from multiple departments.
– LLB / LLM degree with minimum 6-8 years of work experience preferably in the OTT / Media/Technology industry.