MPOWER ‘s borderless loans enables students from around the world to realize their full academic & career potential by attending top universities in N. America- the U.S and Canada.
As a mission-oriented FinTech / EdTech company, backed by over $50 million of equity capital and $200M in loan capital, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion.
Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, MPOWER’s mission of making this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you- ll be challenged to think quickly, act autonomously, and constantly grow, creatively in an environment where fast change and exponential growth is the norm. ideation and implementation happens very quickly. We value feedback and emphasize personal and professional development by providing the resources you need to further your skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
MPOWER has been named one of the Best FinTechs to work for by American Banker for 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. We pride ourselves in being a – growth company for grown-ups-, where there are no pool tables but there are great health, education, and maternity/paternity benefits instead. Our team diversity has been recognized as well; we- re one of the most diverse staff in the world in terms of nationality, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, and educational backgrounds.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN BANGALORE, INDIA AND REPORTING DIRECTLY TO THE VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
THE ROLE :
– You will be leading Customer Relations and Loan Servicing at MPOWER Financing. You will set up the overall strategy, establish priorities, and manage a team of Relationship Managers while supporting hands-on tactical activities as necessary to achieve the Company’s goals and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
– You will be responsible for the oversight and management of the overall operations, from the time a lead is assigned to the conversion pipeline and subsequently, the long-term association with the borrower. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Driving increases in conversion and customer engagement through automation, sales training, focus on process improvement and customer experiences
– Developing and executing enhancements to our product and process to mitigate early stage loan delinquencies
– Creating thorough and impactful training materials and working with the team to enhance their effectiveness and impact
– Serving as the authority on digital customer service, including self-service, service automation, journey analytics, adoption, and deployment of solutions
– Utilizing quantitative analyses to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and capacity planning
– Undergraduate degree, with Master’s or higher strongly preferred
– 15+ years experience in the customer service/support or sales function with demonstrated results. With progressively increasing responsibilities
– 5+ years of experience leading a high-performing metrics-based team at a fast-paced, tech-first company experience in Global Financial Services strongly preferred
– Superior data and analytics skill set with an ability to derive insights and drive change
– Proven record of building strong teams with focus on growth and mentorship – must be KPI driven and have very high EQ
– Must have an innate sense of service and empathy for others (customers and employees)
– A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must, as well as comfort working with a global team across multiple-time zones and sites!
– In addition, you should be comfortable working in a fast growth environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.