1. Carry out compliance training and ensure all colleagues understand all the relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies that govern the function of your organization
– Creation of training material to effectively cover changing legal, regulatory and compliance landscape.
– Extrapolate policy requirements into functional processes for effective implementation of trainings
– Use various tools to create a regulatory framework in form of compliance manual, checklists and a system to identify regulatory exceptions if any and ensure timely closure of gaps identified within agreed timeframe.
– The message and the channel to be customized for the target audience.
– Evaluating and implementing the right mix of messages and channels for various target audience.
– Having surveys or other tools available to receive feedback from colleagues on the training they have received and on the compliance program.
– Being organized in training, testing, and following-up with colleagues.
– Prepare periodic reports to highlight compliance health of the organization to respective stakeholders viz. Board of Directors, Risk Committee, CEO, Senior Leadership Team, etc
– Create a framework for timely identification and escalation of breaches and issues to applicable stakeholders
– Drafting and review of contracts and related documents for the procurement or provision of goods and services, confidentiality of proprietary information, employment, leases of space and equipment, and software licenses.
– Negotiate terms of contracts with internal and external stakeholders.
– Review and vet written statement, affidavit and written arguments on behalf of the company and liaise with the external counsel. Maintain record and data of all such cases.
– Educate the business teams from time to time on legal ways of working.
Technical Skills :
MSOffice – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
– Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
– Strong communication and presentation skills.
– Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
– Ability to analyse complex legal problems quickly and concisely.
– Possess aptitude and attitude for Compliance, ethical behaviour and avoiding conflicts of interest demonstrated by personal integrity and accountability.
– Experience working in an MNC in India
– Knowledge of general corporate law and insurance law.
– Experience handling high volume of contract review, drafting and negotiation
– Experience handling employment and litigation matters
– 3-4 years in the insurance industry, preferably with an insurer or broker in a compliance function
– Strong knowledge of industry processes and regulations.
– LLB with additional qualification (preferable but not mandatory)