Qualification – Company Secretary and LLB
– Providing legal advisory services to all group companies of the company on variety of legal issues in areas of labour, industrial, environment, competition, mining, corporate laws
– To draft and evaluate business / legal documents, agreements, MOU, Term Sheets
– To provide support in litigation (if any) as required by various group entities.
– To interact with External Councils, Firms for necessary legal advices
– To interact and brief external counsels on the matters and prepare briefing notes;
– To liaise with lawyers for timely and speedy movement on Group requirements
– To keep the respective Group entities appraised and involved in above actions.
Participate in mergers, acquisition and other restructuring exercise of the Group :
– To provide legal support to team leads in M&A exercises of the Group;
– To liaise with external law firms involved in the M&A transaction;
– To conduct or oversee legal due diligence exercise relating to M&A transaction;
– To review transaction documents
– To attend and help in negotiations
– To draft and/or review commercial contracts for the company and various functions;
– To negotiation such contracts with counterparties and advise on stamp duty of such documents.
SOPs, Tools and Compliances :
– To develop legal and contract compliance and management tools and processes for the Group;
– Undertake legal audit of the businesses/units to ensure compliance of legal matters and suggest improvements and interact with unit head/business heads.
Development and Training :
– To have regular interactions and brainstorming sessions with colleagues on legal issues and development in legal space
– To create a system of legal education/information through for all employees of the group.
Secretarial Functions :
– Comply with ROC & MCA requirements
– Maintenance of Minutes of Board Meetings, Annual General Meetings & Extra Ordinary General meetings
– Compliances with Companies Act 2013, & Other Statutes
– Draft & evaluate Shareholders Agreements in case of M&A
– Maintenance of Statutory Registers etc.
– Interaction with External Agencies for Secretarial Compliances