Manager – Legal (Tier I only)
Roles & Responsibilities:
– Remain constantly updated on the product and platform space, emerging EdTech trends and legal
– Managing, seeking registrations and safeguarding the Company’s Trademarks, Patents and Copyrights, IP;
– Preserving the company’s IP assets such as trademarks, copyrights, patents, brand names (registrations and renewals), etc.
– Preparing and sending legal notices to clients or IP infringers, filing of legal or civil cases against debtors defaulting payments.
– Coordinating with Legal Consultants or liaisoning agencies in other countries for legal cases and dispute resolutions.
– Devising contracts with agents, partners, or clients as per the laws.
– Providing legal assistance to the Human Resources team for employment matters and contract to draft for employment and other related matters.
– Providing counsel and assistance to the IT department on software licensing, anti-infringement, and anti-piracy compliances.
– Coordinating with the management for consultation and strategic direction with compliance related to contractual, legal, and regulatory obligations.
– Looking after information and privacy compliance across the national/ international areas where the business exists.
– Providing legal assistance to functional/ department heads and managing leadership in developing agreements, communications, and policies.
Relevant experience :
– Proven experience of 5-8 years as a Legal Counsel in business environment
– Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
– Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
– Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
– High degree of professional ethics and integrity
– Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
– Outstanding communication skills
Qualification – LLB from tier I institute only