Job location is Mumbai
Prior exp in BFSI legal will be added advantage
Job entails an in-house legal counsel at the group level. It requires a good understanding and interpretations of the regulations at the domestic and global levels. The position is diverse in nature and there is a ton of project work involved. Excellent learning platform for someone to take on new responsibilities within legal and compliance.
Reports To: Head – Products
Responsibilities and Duties:
– Understanding and applying regulations incidental to the business across geographies.
– Drafting legal agreements, documents as required for various businesses.
– Reviewing various agreements/offering documents to ensure all risks have been mitigated on the Funds Advisory/Consulting/NBFC business lines.
– Assisting with various regulatory filings across geographies (Form ADV, CFTC filing, NPPR etc.)
– Reviewing regulatory developments, implementing the appropriate procedures, while ensuring compliance with rules and regulations.
– Liaising with various legal counsels/compliance firms across the globe to assess the implication of regulations pertaining to Funds Advisory/Consulting business lines.
– Graduate/Post-graduate degree in Law
– Must have minimum work experience of 4-7 years in Funds Advisory/Corporate Law pertaining to NBFC and Custody business.
– Ability to provide efficient solutions and meet timelines
– Should have good communication skills and ability to work in teams
– Should have an affable personality, especially while liaising with counterparties