– Candidate must come with IT or in house experience, especially with a product based company.
Duties and Responsibilities :
– Advising and supporting various business teams (for e.g. Sales, Marketing, Engineering, IT- procurement and HR) in the review, negotiation and closure of a variety of contracts.
– Participating in negotiations with customers and vendors and ensuring conformance with internal contracting requirements and risk identification & mitigation.
– Provide general legal advice and support to the various departments, such as marketing, product development, human resources, IT etc.
– Work with external Legal Counsels from time to time regarding specific matters.
– Proactively identifying key issues and risks during negotiations and raising them to the attention of the supervising attorney;
– Developing relationships with various business units and functional departments and develop understanding of their strategies and objections to better serve the company’s needs;
– Creating and maintaining template agreements and refining contract processes and forms;
– Supporting the Legal team in drafting, implementing, and enforcing legal and compliance policies;
– Assisting in other matters as may be requested;
– Advising teams on intellectual property and technology related legal issues including compliance with data protection and privacy laws, online and email marketing rules
Skills and Competence :
– Bachelor’s degree in law;
– 2 – 4 years of professional work experience as an in-house counsel of an IT company
– Ability to independently draft and close technology related and other commercial agreements such as NDAs, SaaS, Software license, Service Agreements etc.
– Strong hold over Intellectual Property and technology laws of India/ and US
– Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, people management, including ability to work effectively with the business teams;
– Proactive, with excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on legal issues effectively;
– Understanding and prior experience of managing US legal affairs would be preferred;
– Able to understand and talk technology;
– a self-starter who is comfortable working independently on day-to-day requirements and paperwork of a lean legal department;
– The candidate must have excellent communication and negotiation skills;
– Ability to take initiative, adapt quickly to changing priorities and work with a high sense of urgency across a variety of matters;
– Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills combined with effective business judgment;