Legal Counsel – FMCG (7-15 yrs)
– Providing quality contracting support autonomously to the business. This includes providing analysis, drafting and counsel on transactions, including any related legal, policy, regulatory and compliance issues- integrating legal knowledge with sound business understanding.
– Negotiate and draft other legal documents. Conduct research on various legal issues. Perform or support due diligence on proposed transactions
– Review and interpret new or pending legislation and regulations impacting contracting to ensure compliance and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
– Aware of departmental guidance on best practices, processes, templates, clauses and playbooks.
– Familiarity with global privacy law and GDPR
– This role requires a broad-based provision of legal support and expertise in worldwide commercial transactions.
– Collaborate with stakeholders.
– Understand legal and financial risks and implications of contracts.
– Agility to become quickly familiar and proficient with Conga, the Contract Lifecycle management system.
– Qualified lawyer with minimum 5+ years- experience in a law firm and/or in-house, including relevant experience in commercial contracting globally.
– Willingness to work flexible hours as this position supports global business in different geographies.