About Krishnamurthy & Co (K Law) :
Established in 1999, Krishnamurthy & Co. (K Law) is a full-service law firm with offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, New Delhi, Gurgaon and Chennai. With a strength of 85 committed lawyers, K Law provides comprehensive legal advisory services across a broad spectrum of practice areas.
The Firm has, in a relatively short spell of just over two decades, transformed itself into a national player with a rapidly expanding practice footprint in M&A, Banking & Finance, Projects, Real Estate and Disputes.
Job Description for this role :
– Candidate must have legal knowledge expertise in field of Real estate, IPR, General Corporate domain experience.
– Must have strong client relations capabilities in nurturing existing and building new relationships.
– Must be able to integrate seamlessly into various professional environments and adapt to the culture of the organization.
– Must possess a professional and approachable demeanor resulting in solid team-working and team-management skills.
– Must strive to learn and dispense knowledge to juniors in the organization through a positive, professional and friendly approach.
– Must be ready to work independently
– Must be fluent in Tamil.
Professional competencies :
Candidate must have worked in and gained adequate experience in the following areas of law :
Property Laws :
– Conducting Title Scrutiny (Scrutiny of local property documents, identifying of issues, preparation of title flow, preparation of title scrutiny reports)
– Drafting of Sale Deeds, Agreements to Sell, Lease Deeds, etc.
– Assisting with computation of stamp duty and registration.
– Drafting of Joint Development Agreement, Power of Attorney, Memorandum of Understanding, Assignment Agreements other related documentation.
Intellectual Property :
– Assisting in trademark registration, prosecution and obtaining certificate.
General Corporate :
– Drafting, negotiating and finalizing different categories of commercial contracts, including but not limited to software development agreements, technology transfer and license agreements, employment agreements, master service agreements, etc.
– Assisting in conducting corporate due diligence and preparing comprehensive due diligence reports for investor companies.
– Assisting target companies in the successful completion of the due diligence being conducted on them.
– Drafting and issuing legal notices and responses to legal notices.
– Assisting in drafting of plaints, written statements, interim applications and representing the clients in the courts, including consumer forums and other quasi-judicial authorities on behalf of the clients.