Office of the Secretary (OTS) – International Operations (APAC) – Vice President (Mumbai)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide.
The Legal Department of JPM is responsible for the provision of legal services to the firm. The department also includes the Office of the Secretary (“OTS”).
OTS is headed by the Corporate Secretary who reports to the firm’s General Counsel. The role of OTS is to promote effective and consistent governance of the firm’s legal entities and branches through its partnerships with senior management, directors, control groups, lines of business and corporate units. OTS operates through a corporate team and four regional hubs, in NAMR, LATAM, EMEA and APAC.
OTS is currently in the process of enhancing its operational efficiencies, optimising its processes and strengthening its control environment globally.
The role and key responsibilities:
We are looking for a dynamic and seasoned individual to be based in Mumbai to spearhead critical projects and initiatives driven by the International Operations team.
The successful candidate will help drive key projects and initiatives as part of the OTS International Operations remit, as well as responsibility to support APAC OTS team and the regional management with projects, special matters and initiatives specifically focused on APAC. The scope of this role includes an innovative cross-business and cross-functional effort, focused on optimizing our operational efficiencies while reinforcing a strong control environment. Through partnership with global colleagues the candidate will assist in driving the implementation of the OTS Global Operating Model forward.
The successful candidate must have in-depth knowledge around corporate governance and related processes to help understand and drive projects and initiatives on the corporate governance front. The candidate should also strong analytical and collaborative skills, be able to work independently and be a true “self-starter.” The successful candidate must also be able to communicate, verbally and in writing, effectively and succinctly with all levels of management and be adept at Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
Primary Duties will include-
– Support the International Head of Operations to drive initiatives and projects forward
– Drive our repository management program by working with colleagues globally and help build a successful document management repository for OTS.
– Drive the Partner Stakeholder Engagement Program for OTS by collaborating and engaging with key stakeholders within and outside OTS.
– Partner with the Boardroom team to help drive Boardroom enhancements as per requests from OTS team
– Drive key corporate governance projects and initiatives for APAC region, including the Legal Entity Dashboard Reporting, representing APAC on the monthly Corporate Governance Support Team Regional Lead calls, support upcoming global Audit and other initiatives focusing on minute books, corporate seals, stock certificates etc.
– Partner with the Data Management team in the exercise on clarifying ownership of various data elements in GEMS.
– Assist in managing our intranet pages and other means of communication including running our departmental newsfeed
– Keep OTS reference materials such as Corporate Governance Guidance Pack, CGC Calendar of Operational Events, CGC Handover Checklist etc. updated from time to time
– Support Mumbai team in generation of metrics around Director Change Notification lapses
– Advise and drive operational processes such as Director Resignation process for APAC, global Director Change Notification and LE Change Notification process.
– Qualified Company Secretary
– Qualified to Degree Level
Role Requirement, Desired background and Experience
– Ideally will have 10 years of experience in corporate secretarial field
– Must have strong understanding of corporate governance processes
– Experience in handling projects and operational processes would be an added advantage
– Exposure and understanding of risk and controls would be beneficial
– Language skills: Fluent English is required.
– Excel / PowerPoint / Visio skills – Required
– Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Ability to work with senior management across different regions
– Ability to work across different regions and cultures
– Highly detail oriented, results driven with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
– Ability to identify issues requiring escalation or special attention
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Hiring Manager : Rob Steele – London
Job Level : 603 Vice President
About Us –
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.