– J.P.Morgan’s EMEA Derivatives Clearing and ISDA Team is looking for a motivated individual to assist with drafting of legal documents and processing of completed documents, drafting of light due diligence contracts and various other legal functions within the Derivatives Clearing and ISDA Team suite of documentation.
– Individual will be responsible for ensuring appropriate legal agreements are put in place with new clients being onboarded onto the Derivatives Clearing and Macro Markets & Sales platforms. Position involves frequent interaction with Sales, Credit, Client Service, Business Management and Operations internally and Dealers and Clients externally – strong interpersonal/communication skills required.
– Individual will also be responsible for coordinating Credit approvals, initiating Client documentation process with different production areas of the firm, and helping to resolve issues raised by Clients and the Business that relate to legal agreements as well as various other paralegal functions.
– Individual will work closely with Sales, Marketing and various other Business-aligned teams to ensure all appropriate legal documents are finalized prior to the Client going live.
Location and Reporting Lines
The position is in Mumbai, at J.P. Morgan’s Corporate Centre (“MCC”), functionally reporting to EMEA Co-Team Lead based in London and Local supervisor based in MCC.
– Drafting and finalizing business specific agreements with Dealers and Clients
– Processing completed agreements
– Attending to archiving of completed documents
– Involved in internal system set up and establishing controls for credit and documentation tracking
– Assisting with updating internal policies
Skills and experience:
– Previous derivative documentation experience (5years+) (OTC derivatives prime brokerage or futures and options experience preferred)
– Legal Degree (Masters Level or LPC equivalent)
– Strong attention to detail
– Polished verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
– Must be literate in Microsoft programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
– Ability to manage projects and work independently
– Team player, confident, and proactive
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST:
All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
Qualifications : JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
About us :
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
About the Team :
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we- re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
With large, global operations, the Legal team tackles complex issues and helps shape the regulations that affect the businesses. The group is organized into practice groups that align with the lines of business and corporate staff areas, which encourages collaboration on legal, regulatory and business developments as they arise.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well