– Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
– Our Consumer Business touches a billion lives around the world and works with the vision of ‘Bringing science to the art of healthy living’. In India, the company touches the lives of consumers through businesses spanning baby care, women’s health, beauty, oral & wound care and over-the-counter-products which are endorsed by healthcare professionals around the world. In India, the company touches the lives of consumers through Baby Care, Women’s Health, Beauty, Oral & Wound Care and OTC. Some of our key brands include Johnson’s- Baby, Stayfree-, Clean & Clear-, Band-Aid-, Listerine-, ORSL and Benadryl
– The Senior Legal Counsel’s role is to provide broad legal counsel and general legal guidance for J&J Consumer Health India. This role will be responsible for providing legal advice and counsel in all areas of law, to support the business and help them achieve their goals, while protecting company’s rights, interests and reputation. The Senior Legal Counsel’s work will include handling litigation matters before various forums and Courts, assistance in intellectual property issues including infringement cases, consumer complaints, contract drafting, matters related to Drugs and Cosmetics laws, Food regulations etc.
– This role requires a team-oriented, solutions-focused and agile business partner who will work with a hands-on approach to address legal issues.
– The Senior Legal Counsel is a business lawyer for J&J Consumer Health India, reporting to Legal Director and Company Secretary.
– As a solid business partner, the Senior Legal Counsel actively participates in discussions and decisions, and proactively provide legal counsel and value-added support to key business functions and leaders of J&J Consumer Health India businesses.
– communication and other skills in order to be able to positively influence the key stakeholders to make well considered decisions and achieve compliant growth.
– Provide sound guidance on and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations applicable to the operations of J&J Consumer Health India, including any relevant industry codes. Also work on emerging areas of laws including Data privacy and sustainability laws.
– Challenge the status quo, connect with relevant stakeholders, and deliver outcomes satisfactory to stakeholders in a timely manner.
– Collaborate with business partners and health care compliance function to reinforce Credo based decision making in every critical business decision.
– Engage with outside counsel for litigation matters and ensure that all matters are diligently handled.
Education: LL.B. or LL.M. from a reputed university/law school in India.
Experience and Skills:
– License to practice law either in India or another jurisdiction preferred.
– At least 10 years of relevant legal experience since qualification – including a mix of law firm and in-house experience.
– Preferably experience of working in multinational corporations and experience of doing legal work in the consumer goods or Health Care industry.
– Broad-based commercial and corporate experience, ideally advising members of business units or functions.
– Fluent in written and spoken English.
– Strong business partnering skills, with a proven ability to proactively engage with the business to find practical solutions and partner with them to implement desired actions.
– Business Oriented – ability to proactively engage with business to find practical solutions and partner with them to implement desired actions and create compliant growth for the business.
– Comfortable working as part of a team and keen to interact with diverse group of people spanning a broad range of business teams and executives within our client organizations.
– Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels and a comprehensive understanding of the consumer goods industry.
– Ability to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner.
– Able to set an example and ensure high ethical, legal and compliance standards at J&J Consumer Health India and be proactive in engaging organization to identify opportunities to enhance ethics and anti-corruption practices and procedures.
– Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and simplify issues for clients.
– Ability to work innovatively and proactively to support clients.
Are you ready to impact the world?
Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Primary Location India-Maharashtra-Greater Mumbai
Organization Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)
Job Function Legal
Requisition ID 2105915852W
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well