About the company :
HomeLane is an online home design startup that aims to organize the otherwise unorganized home interiors industry (including designers, carpenters, installers, painters, etc). By doing this, we want to make the homeowners- experience of designing their homes easier and predictable in terms of cost, timeline, and quality. Our primary customer is a new homeowner who is about to move into or rent out a new home. A smaller yet equally important customer segment is for owners looking to renovate their homes.
Currently, HomeLane operates in 17 cities – Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad,Delhi NCR, Kolkata, Pune,Mumbai and so, where we have delivered 21000+ homes till date! HomeLane has also raised about $104 Million in venture funding from marquee investors like Sequoia Capital,Pidilite, Aarin, Growth Story and Baring PE India.
– As Delivery Head for your unit, you will own the experience every new customer gets.
– You will lead a team of designers, design managers, project managers, quality control executives, installers and external vendors to seamlessly stitch together an otherwise complex supply chain.
– More specifically, you will be responsible for resource allocation; project management; design, delivery & installation timelines; budgeting & cost management; end-product quality; and root-cause problem solving to continuously improve operations.
– You will also be the point of escalation for every customer in your delivery unit – from the time a new customer signs up with HomeLane to the time she/he gets a beautifully furnished, fully functional home from us.
– We leverage tech, retail and supply chain innovation to disrupt the industry. Hence, it goes without saying that you will be on the front-line of changes. Ensuring that your delivery unit contributes to our One HomeLane philosophy will be an important metric on your radar. Your direct reporting line will be to the Business Unit Head, who reports into the Chief Business Officer.
1. Customer Servicing :
– Design : Manage design process to ensure customers get a timely, consistent and high-quality experience. A talented team of design partners and design managers will work with you to make this happen
– Production : Coordinate with the central production team to ensure on-time dispatch and delivery of products, in adherence to HomeLane’s quality standards
– Installation : Manage simultaneous installations across the city/region by working the HomeLane Project Managers and HomeLane Square Installation Teams.
– Vendor Management : Manage deliverables of external vendors (e.g., wall painting, wallpaper, loose furniture, false ceiling etc) that are customer commitments from HomeLane.
2. Customer Expectation Setting & Communication :
– Let good news take the steps, and bad news the escalator. While your main objective will always be to pre-empt issues and ensure actuals are in line with planned, slip-ups might happen. You will take responsibility for communicating the bad news first and proactively, to the customer.
– Setting the right communication framework amongst all stakeholders and the customer (what must be communicated when, and by whom)
3. Lead & Develop Team: Coach Design Managers, Design Relationship Managers, Project Managers, Quality Control Executives, Installation Partners and other vendors so that the unit delivers strongly each time, every time
4. Adherence to process: Ensure that each project is executed as per the process set by the organization
Skills, capabilities & background :
Delivery Heads at HomeLane come with an owner mindset. The role is challenging and not for the faint-hearted. This is what you need to have to succeed in this role :
1. Graduate / Post-graduate from a Tier 1 engineering school
2. 4+ years of relevant experience in project management / general management (internships & startup attempts count)
3. Root-cause problem-solving skills and a data-driven decision mindset
4. Strong English has written & verbal communication skills
5. Owner DNA
6. Excellent people management skills (ideally, should have managed a span of 5+)
7. Exceptional customer-centricity
8. Solid project management