POSITION DESCRIPTION: Head (Legal) is accountable for the Legal and risk management operations of the Company.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE:
– Responsible for the effective and efficient legal support for business restructuring, mergers/amalgamation, acquisitions, contracts, documentation management, providing legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
– Ability to analyse legal implications of various issues and advising various internal stakeholders and management on it.
– Dealing with all legal matters including criminal, civil, police liaison, and arbitration matters. Drafting, vetting of Criminal complaints, criminal writ Appeals, SLP & well versed with Court Process, well networked in Govt.& Police department.
– Drafting and vetting of various cross-border Agreements, Contracts and other documents.
– Handling of cases, consumer case notices, NCLT, Recovery, Defamation, attend court & liaison with advocates etc.
– Prepare, review and modify legal documents/contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities/functional departments.
– Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on various aspects of laws to various functional departments.
– Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the legal department for management meetings.
– Knowledge in legal aspects relating to various Labour Laws, Shops and Establishment Legislations, Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition Act etc.
QUALIFICATION: Graduate or Post Graduate in Law.
– Desirable candidate must have graduation or post-graduation in Law with experience of minimum 12 years and maximum 20 years; out of which at least 10 years experience with a law firm of repute, with a proven track record.
– Should have sound knowledge of Legal matters and should have updated knowledge of Indian Laws.