Interested in joining a tech enabled startup to lead the legal and secretarial function? This is a high growth opportunity but needs someone who is willing to get his hands dirty and build the team for future growth. The company is well funded and scaling up in a big manner.
To fit the bill, please note this requires a Law graduate and CS and the majority focus of the role will be legal.
This needs someone who has worked on B2B contract negotiations in the past and experience of working in a startup is a MUST Have.
The role would encompass:
1.) Legal Drafting & vetting including commercial agreements, NDA- s, MOU’s primarily in the B2B space.
2.) Following up with the business teams and ensuring that the agreements that are sent out from the Legal Department are duly executed by the parties and maintaining records thereof.
3.) Responsible for managing, supporting and completing the compliances related to business, technical functions as well as Investor Compliances.
4.) Assignments related to the Contract Abstraction, Gap Analysis, Redlining and Mergers & Acquisitions review.
5.) Helping and guiding the management team and stakeholders on Company law
6) Maintenance of secretarial records registers and other statutory documents SOPs/ Processes/ Internal guidelines.
7) To ensure good governance and assist with corporate activities like risk assessment, operating a vigil mechanism
8) To handle compliance & regulatory affairs, including inspections, compliance notices, and enforcement of laws
To fit the bill, you must have:
– In-depth knowledge of legal & secretarial requirements of the industry, local environment/s, etc.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong process orientation
– Strong influencing skills
– Dealing with ambiguity
– Law from a leading Law University and CS
– Startup experience MUST have along with exposure of working in a legal firm for 4 years
If you fit the bill and feel you can add value to the organization then do include a cover letter on your experience in working on legal and compliance for a fast paced startup along with your current CTC.