Goldman Sachs – Vice President – Regulatory Documentation Group – Negotiator (7-12 yrs)
Job Description : Regulatory Documentation Group – Negotiator – Vice President
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS :
– The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, Global Market and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals.
– The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB :
– Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk.
– This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, and are energized by, changing environments.
– At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally.
– From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our RDG professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
YOUR IMPACT :
– Our team is seeking documentation professionals who will have the opportunity to strategize and negotiate a broad variety of regulatory trading documentation for all Derivative Products.
– The candidate will ideally have strong experience with ISDAs and Credit Support documents including VM CSAs. The candidate will ideally also have an understanding and/or experience of custodial documentation such as Account Control Agreements, Collateral Transfer Agreements, Security Agreements and Eligible Collateral Schedules.
– The role will include collaborating with internal stakeholders and negotiating with external clients to drive documentation and regulatory updates to completion/execution. The candidate will be expected to partner with other teams to build scale and increase revenue opportunities through a range of technical daily responsibilities and strategic projects.
OUR IMPACT :
– The team is a first line of defence to ensuring delivery on cross-border regulatory initiatives affecting Goldman entities, worldwide.
– The team’s objective is providing outstanding service by engaging with clients, understanding their trading activity/strategy and documenting them with the appropriate regulatory documentation.
– We are an essential component in facilitating our clients regulatory needs and are responsible for the maintenance of a trading relationship with a given client.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS :
Principal Responsibilities :
– Engaging in strategic efforts to implement new and existing cross-border regulatory updates
– Develop and help shape robust policies on matters of regulation as they relate to our practice area and clients
– Responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex regulatory driven documentation for derivative and other financial products (i.e. Uncleared Margin Rules, LIBOR, Brexit, etc.)
– Coordinating both internally and with external clients to gather comments, information, review and ultimately complete agreements and prepare them for execution
– Organization of execution of completed agreements and dispatch for counterparts’ signature
– Follow-up work to ensure return of signed documents and completion and closing of files
– Responsible for inputting data in order to track matters via internal and external systems with a keen eye for improvements, where needed
– Responding to queries on the regulatory aspects of master documentation from various departments including the front office
– Ongoing opportunity to challenge existing controls/processes and leverage your experience to identify risks and improve the effectiveness of the team
– Develop and nurture relationships across the firm to build consensus and execute on initiatives
– Entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative and analytical approach to providing client solutions
– Collaborate with other teams to ensure the best possible client service and experience
Preferred Experience and Skills :
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of five years PQE / extensive experience in a Legal/Trading Documentation role
– Solid understanding of ISDAs and Credit Support documents including VM CSAs and initial margin requirements
– Proven excellent organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail, especially under pressure
– Proven ability to negotiate and review detailed legal documents with an eye for detail and accuracy, particularly around documentation terms and regulatory rules
– Ability to ensure consistency across documentation and know when to escalate issues
– Self-motivated, results-driven and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability for their work, can help collaborate and provide directive when issues arise in the team and is capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
– Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to foster relationships both internally and externally
– Enthusiasm and interest in development of documentation skills and using such skills for the completion and efficiency of negotiation process
– Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills and develop full job ownership
– Strong commercial acumen with a keen interest in derivative markets and products
– Ability to interact with and influence business stakeholders and clients in order to negotiate, build consensus, control risks and improve operational efficiency
– A good understanding of collateral assets and terminology would be beneficial