About Our Client:
A Global player providing technology services in Enterprise, IoT & Telecom space.
Designation: Global Head Legal
– Our client is seeking an experienced Legal Head to lead the company’s Global Legal Function.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated lawyer to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses globally. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad, generalist responsibilities, but with specialist legal subject skills in commercial law and regulatory matters.
– You will be responsible for counseling the business operations globally, by giving pro-active, professional, competent, (cost) effective, and creative legal support. You will need to bring negotiation and drafting skills and business sense to deal with multiple functional teams in a rapidly scaling business. You will be required to work independently as well as as part of various teams and take on projects in addition to the daily day job. You will work directly with the Leadership team.
Job Responsibility :
– Providing legal advice and support on a wide range of legal activities.
– Advising on the legal framework with a proper understanding of the main terms and conditions of contracts internationally used by the Telecom & Technology industry.
– Drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts
– Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security, insurance, and sustainability issues.
– Ethics and Compliance and governance services.
– Cooperation with the other members of the external legal councils in respective countries.
– To anticipate and manage the (legal) risks connected with or resulting from the business strategy and operations.
– To secure compliance of business operations with relevant laws and regulations.
– To pro-actively create and maintain awareness of business employees for (compliance with) relevant laws and regulations.
– Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines.
– Build and manage the legal team for global legal counsel services for the group companies
Skill & Qualification :
– Around 20+ yrs experience, with Membership in the Bar Council.
– 5+ years of legal experience in a top tier international law firm or Multi-National Company in transactional Law.
– Bachelor& Degree in Law with strong academic credentials, with Master of Laws or L.L.M.
– Strong legal experience in corporate and commercial matters
– Mix of professional experience as in-house counsel in a Telecom/technology multi-national company and legal counsel in a top tier law firm with international clients.
– Experience in managing external international legal counsels.
– Relevant experience in at least one of the following areas: Services, License, M&A, Software/IT, partnership, and Shareholders Agreements.
– Solid knowledge of general business law issues, Preferred additional experience in Telecom regulatory framework.
Ideal Candidate profile:
– Candidate with 20+yrs of experience in heading legal department in Telecom / Technology Industry handling multiple Countries. Should be expert in managing International Contract & Agreement.