Assistant Director – Global Delivery Services (GDS) Data Protection
Function: GDS Risk Management
Sub Function: Data Protection
Job Rank: Assistant Director
Location: Bangalore, India
This is an exciting time to join the GDS Data Protection team as we scale up our program to match the expansion of the business. You will build your professional knowledge and credentials, learn how EY operates globally and work within a cross functional team of professionals to embed and improve the GDS data protection program across its operating locations in UK, Poland, India, China, the Philippines & Argentina.
The role will be part of the GDS Data Protection team, and you will be part of GDS Risk Management, this is the team that partners with GDS Legal team to manage the EY Data Protection program.
This role is focused on design, implementation of solutions and projects than an advisory role.
Your key responsibilities
The Assistant Director within GDS Data Protection team will focus on leading operational implementation, supervising the team to deliver the GDS Data Protection Program across GDS organization where GDS operates in different locations (countries) such as ROPA, local PIA, reporting and incident management. In addition to the privacy program transformation projects, the Assistant Director will participate as a senior team member in GDS Data Protection business as usual: providing solutions for the GDS implementation of data protection compliance and of EY’s global privacy framework, leveraging knowledge and industry expertise to enhance processes, support monitoring and reporting requirements, developing learning materials and more for the governance and life cycle management of EY’s personal and confidential data.
The GDS Data Protection team is supporting the internal enablement by the Global RM team of Data Protection across the GDS organization in this role of supporting the member firm’s client engagement teams.
You will be expected to lead, manage and participate on global projects and networks.
You will be required to consult and collaborate effectively with key internal and external DP stakeholders [e.g., Services Lines (Business units), Functions (internal departments), EY Technology, Legal, Data retention review teams, Acquisitions, DP network in member firm organizations (customers of GDS), industry vendors] to drive the design and implementation of solutions across the business and geographies.
Skills and attributes for success
– 12 years’ prior professional experience of data protection either in a risk management, compliance or legal capacity
– Appreciation for data protection principles and application of controls to protection of confidential and personal data
– Keen focus on operational data protection processes
– The candidate should have experience in delivery of project solutions to enable monitoring and testing of compliance
– The candidate should be comfortable working in an unstructured & complex environment requiring out of box thinking, logical reasoning
– The candidate should be able to continuously add value to assigned processes and develop solutions
– Ability to learn and understand the EY’s global policies as well as familiarity with Risk Management initiatives outside of area of expertise
– Good knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
– Interest in working with a culturally diverse team from around the globe to design, develop, and deploy programs and share knowledge
– Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills, with an inclusive approach
– Effective communicator with good written and oral presentation skills
– Team player and active listener with the ability to respond to and develop the ideas of others
To qualify for the role you must have
– Good academic background
– Advanced MS office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
– Experience of implementing a privacy program management platform
– Candidates with exposure to client interaction would be preferred
– Candidates with a recognized data protection/data privacy qualification (e.g. CIPM, CIPP/E or similar) or willingness to obtain the qualification in first six months with team would be preferred.
Ideally, you’ll also have
– Ability to operate and flex in an ambiguous and changing environment to respond to emerging priorities
– Experience of working to deadlines and delivering high quality outputs
– Ability and willingness to periodically work flexibly e.g., participating in calls outside of standard office hours (early morning/late night) to support our global organization