Job Title: Asst. Manager/ Manager – Legal
Reports to: DGM Legal
Experience: 5 to 9 years
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE – Carry out day to day legal responsibilities
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
– Primarily assist reporting managers and support Emcure’s Legal Team in carrying out various activities such as:
– Draft, review, negotiate and conclude contracts more pertinent under Indian laws such as service/ vendor agreements, IT (third party services) agreements, consultancy agreements, leave and license agreements, draft/respond to notices, power of attorney, etc.
– Prepare first level draft of distribution agreements, license & supply agreements, consultancy agreements, industry related service agreements using Emcure’s templates or alternatively, using partner templates and negotiating such agreements for emerging market business (CIS, Russia, Asia, Africa, LATAM) and certain regulated market businesses.
– Discuss with and advise internal clients, review and respond to comments received from opposite party in relation to contracts exchanged, negotiate and conclude contracts with guidance from reporting manager.
– IPR for domestic and/ or emerging market
– Support for litigation to the concerned team member
– Corporate Compliance – preparation of the checklist of compliances for the respective emerging market territory and going forward its tracking.
– To support the respective manager for updating Emcure’s agreement templates to record changing business policies and circumstances.
– Assist Business teams – by promptly addressing their queries or issues faced by them.
– Coordinate and liaise with external Legal Consultants as may be required from time to time.
Industry: Pharma and emerging market exposure would be preferable