About Embibe (www.embibe.com) (Get ready to turn the world on its head!):
We are a tribe of passionate individuals working hard to make a tangible difference to education in the world. Each student deserves a life of no regrets. Our AI platform strives to make that possible. In fact, we are turning Ed-tech on its head!
You wonder why we say that. Allow us to explain.
The segments of Ed-tech are not primary, secondary, test prep and vocational. They can’t be when learner success is based on lifelong learning and retention. “The new paradigm we are defining is based on the depth of our platform thinking designed to maximize learner outcomes for lifelong learning. Think connecting kindergarten to MBA prep and monitoring skill acquisition not just marks! The true distribution for Ed-tech companies is:
A. Simple content aggregators: Distributing content in some UX embedded in some hardware or a transactional play like video conferencing. Consumption onus is on the student. Quality is only as good as the teacher. 99% of Ed-Tech today works like this. It’s like selling a book followed in a leading educational institution. People join that place for a better life, books are not valued as much.
B. Personalized adaptive learning providers (PAL): All content backed by and tagged to a uniform taxonomy is used to deliver personalized learning paths for every student using algorithms. The personalization quality depends on the depth of tagging and the horizontal syllabus span the content covers. Fixing non-grade level performance is only possible if you can take every child back to remedy earlier learning deficiencies. Embibe has the deepest tagged content libraries in the world today and the knowledge graph permits extensive horizontal navigation for every child.
C. Learning Outcomes Platforms: This stage is only achieved when enough experimentation has happened at Stage B to know what feedback loops work. This means engaging with a platform alone can improve you. This is the holy grail. THIS is where we operate now.”
Already the OECD Learning Compass 2030, the World Economic Forum and the New Education Policy 2020 for India are talking about the same direction. That is when you know that you are already building the future. Your role in Embibe will go a long way towards making this happen.
Here are a few links to understand more about us as a company:
Embibe featured in the Reliance Industries AGM: https://vimeo.com/438485771/ec35bc5f73
Some stuff on what we were doing back in 2016 on data:
https://inc42.com/resources/embibes-data-science-lab/ Recent news on our impact:
https://bit.ly/HearlsGoaEmbibe Our CEO on TEDx:
Nature of work to be handled:
– Responsible for statutory compliances under Income Tax Act such as filing tax returns, ensuring withholding tax related compliances and advance tax payments, filing of Form 15CA and coordinating with auditor for Form 15CB for international payments, collating details for assessment proceedings, etc.
– Responsible for statutory compliances under Goods & Service Tax Act such as ensuring timely tax payments, filing returns and claiming tax refunds etc.
– Responsible for labour law related compliances under various labour laws such as ensuring timely tax payments, filing returns and forms etc.
– Coordination with auditors for providing details for (a) tax audits, (b) quarterly limited reviews, (c) statutory audits (d) Quarterly Tax provisions and (e) Litigation updates
– Providing tax support to the business around tax issues mainly on account of Withholding tax matters and GST related queries.
– Management reporting
Details of work to be handled:
– Direct Tax compliances – TDS compliances – Monthly TDS Payments related compliances, Filing Quarterly TDS returns, Issue of Quarterly TDS Certificates
– Direct Tax compliances – International Payment related compliances – Coordination with CA for filing Form 15CB, Preparation and Filing Form 15CA, Posting Accounting entries for International Payment
– Direct Tax compliances – Yearly Compliances – Preparation of computation for Income Tax Return, Preparation of Schedules and coordinating with the Auditors for Tax Audit compliances
– GST Compliances – Monthly Compliances – Filing GSTR-1, GSTR-3B, RCM Working, Payment within due dates, Generating Self invoice, Reco of GSTR-2A etc.
– GST Compliances – Yearly Compliances – Coordinating with the Auditors for filing GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C
– Labour Law Compliances – Ensuring timely payment of PF, ESI, PT and Labour Welfare dues.
– Labour Law Compliances – Ensuring timely filing of returns under various labour laws such as
– Labour Welfare, Shops & Establishment, Gratuity, Statutory Bonus related forms, coordination for filing Form IW under PF, etc.
– Labour Law Compliances – Ensuring other coordination with the Vendor for Contract Labour related documents,
– FEMA Compliances – Preparing A2 forms for international payments and filing form 15CA / Form 15CB
– Reporting to Management – Collating details for reporting to the management
– Legal Agreements – Handling legal compliance for high value agreements, directly coordinating with the CXO and Business Heads
What should be your skill set/qualification?
– 5-7 years of Post qualification Work experience in Tax Compliances, Labour law compliances and other legal compliances.
– Should have a degree of Chartered Accountant.
– Should have thorough knowledge of all Accounting and Auditing standards, Tax compliances applicable to Indian companies
– Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
– Should have hands-on experience in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Power Point).
– Good interpersonal, presentation, communication and team management skills.
– Knowledge of accounting compliance software’s like Tally and SAP
Work location : Bangalore
Notice period : Immediate