Dell – Advisor – Legal Counsel (6-9 yrs)
APJ Legal – Opportunity Announcement
Location – Gurgaon/Bangalore, India
Job Description :
Responsibility 1 – Operational:
– The candidate will be responsible for drafting and negotiating revenue contracts with customers. A Dell Technologies Business cutting-edge cyber security products and services, including risk assessment and alternate positions to support the negotiations whilst ensuring compliance to company policy, legal and regulatory requirements.
– The role will involve providing counsel to teams in Asia Pacific on complex software licensing, professional services, cloud service, and hosting services transactions, and will also require significant interaction with internal teams and Dell stakeholders (such as Sales, Services, Delivery, Finance, Operations, Tax, HR, Information Security), as well as customers and their respective counsel. The candidate will also work closely with subject matter experts within Dell Legal and outside counsel to provide legal advice in many other areas, such as Employment, Marketing, Channels, Litigation, etc. Other responsibilities include:
– Subject matter expert in Licensing, Cloud/SaaS/Hosting, and Privacy.
– Solve legal problems arising in sales and other go-to-market areas.
– Ensure ”best practices” are implemented consistently.
– Negotiate and draft commercial agreements with an emphasis on master purchasing, licensing, managed services, professional services, cloud services and hosting services agreements.
– Ensure Legal and Business Management is aware of important contractual issues impacting its customers.
– Take a leadership role in updating contract templates, legal policies and other legal documents.
– Identify areas requiring procedural improvements to the contracting process.
– Keep current with changes and trends in licensing and privacy law as well as commercial best practices.
– Handles sensitive and complex legal issues relating to the corporation.
– Structures and implements changes within the context of established strategy.
– Assist by collaborating and working closely with cross-functional teams, including business segment, sales operations, finance, tax, and any new initiatives for the foregoing BUs.
– Coordinate with other lawyers and Contracts Managers to drive implementation of key programs and initiatives (including specific templates for both Business) in a timely manner and aligned to business timelines.
Responsibility 2 – Team Player:
– Act as a team player along with the other members of the Legal Team. Should be flexible to work under the guidance of legal counsel and contracts managers within the Legal Team. Be available and ready to provide timely and effective guidance to key stakeholders.
– Contribute to the growth of the Legal Team by leading initiatives which include, knowledge management matters, contract administration, providing trainings on key risk issues, lessons learnt, etc.
– Providing updates on changes in the legal and contractual landscape, attending remote and training sessions (internal and external) pertaining to legal and contractual support for business.
– The role requires close co-ordination with the Legal team including legal counsels and contracts managers from various jurisdictions within the APJ, EMEA and US regions.
Responsibility 3 – Advisory:
– Providing timely and business friendly advice to key stakeholders, compliant with Dell Technologies- internal policies.
– Regularly provide updates to legal team on contract status and opportunity status.
– Pro-actively engages with cross-functional teams to provide appropriate legal and commercial judgment and influencing skills beyond stated situation throughout the sales/contract cycle.
Key Abilities/ Attributes:
a. Flexibility to work across different time zones including early mornings or late nights depending on region in providing legal support.
b. Visibility t relevant documentation relating to IP, HR, litigation segment plus trainings etc.
c. Law degree and admission to practice law preferably from a foreign university (US/Australia)
d. Desire and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and ever-transforming environment.
e. Thorough ability to manage relationships with outside counsel and outside legal support.
f. Thorough knowledge of legal research skills.
g. Thorough ability to apply known legal principles to an unfamiliar set of facts.
h. Through ability to influence, persuade and negotiate.
i. Thorough ability to assess risk and identify actions to mitigate risk.
j. Thorough verbal and written communication and teamwork skills. Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
k. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be assertive whilst building and maintaining relationships. Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to work autonomously, adapt to changing circumstances and deliver according to strict deadlines, encourages feedback from peers and stakeholders to utilize towards continuous improvement
l. Ability to identify opportunities for process enhancements and improvements to drive efficiency
LL. B degree from a recognized India university or a foreign university
Candidates preferably from India foreign universities (US/Australia) Preferred if the resource has a degree/diploma/ post graduate degree relating to IPR, IT, and/or Business Laws.
Knowledge of any foreign language.
– 6-9 years of experience preferably with any reputed multi-national company and/or reputed law firms or Knowledge process outsourcing industry. Prior experience in working on IP, HR, litigation, trainings etc and in an in-house legal team in IT/ ITES sector will be added advantage.
– Visibility on document support on these verticals is preferred.
Personal Qualities & Behavioral traits:
– The resource must have the ability to work as part of a team.
– Good written and verbal communication skills.
– Proficient in written and spoken English.
– Resource should be punctual, able to meet deadlines and a quick learner.
– Ability to work independently across multiple time zones (APJ, EMEA and US)
– Dell culture fit.
– Hiring Manager Vice President, India Legal