Dealshare is the fastest growing social commerce startup with presence in 25+ cities across Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra. Our idea is to build an e-commerce platform for the masses, where the focus is to provide not just low prices and right assortment but also a fun-filled addictive shopping experience with vernacular browsing. Based on word of mouth virality, generated as a result of price value, ease of sharing and engaging shopping experience DealShare is delivering 35K+ orders everyday in our markets. Our platform is serving as a launchpad to boost regional/local brands and manufacturers by increasing their geographical footprint making them competitive in markets dominated by larger players.
Dealshare is founded by ex-Microsoft/Myntra/Metro Cash & Carry – IIT/IIM alumni passionate about building an inclusive e-commerce platform relevant across all social stratum. In this endeavour, we are backed by some marquee investors like Matrix Partners, Falcon, and Omidyar. We plan to reach 100 cities by 2021 and for this goal, we are looking for equally passionate folks to join us.
About the role::
We are looking for a top-of-class corporate/in-house counsel as we scale rapidly. This person will help us negotiate customer contracts, structure partnership agreements with our channel partners, figure out our IP strategy and help us build our partnership ecosystem. We are looking for someone who is solution-based and consultative, with the capacity to problem-solve with large clients. The perfect fit is someone with exceptional drive and business/commercial savvy.
– Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance, etc.)
– Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
– Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
– Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
– Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
– Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority, etc.), creating relations of trust
– Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
– Advising the rest of the organization on legal matters associated with the commercial Operations on need basis
– Actively participate in risk mitigation and identifying legal issues, providing analysis of legal risks and creating and implementing solutions structured to achieve business objectives
– 8-12 years of experience as in-house counsel or a leading law firm (Candidates with background from e-commerce or retail industry would be preferred)
– Must have a good understanding of commercial contract terms and their legal implications.
– Must have ability to organize and deliver assigned workload within the timelines.
– Excellent oral communication and written skills.
– Leadership quality