Company Secretary – Compliance – BFSI (1-5 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR COMPANY SECRETARY
Company Name: IABA Housing Pvt Ltd. (IABA)
Position Title: Company Secretary
Location: Durgapur, West Bengal
Department: Compliance & Finance
Supervisor: CFO & Board
Supervises: Compliance, Legal, Finance & Accounts department
As a key member of the Compliance team, CS will report to the company nominated personnel and assume a role of looking after statutory compliances in the Company. Company Secretary will have primary responsibility for the efficient administration of a company, particularly with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of directors are implemented.
This is a full time position with an initial probation period of 6 months.
– Convening Board Meetings, General Meetings- Preparation of notices, agenda, drafting of resolutions, preparing minutes of the meeting etc
– Compliance with all statutory, legal compliances applicable to Indian/foreign companies involving foreign shareholders.
– Preparation of statutory registers, forms, certificates, etc. as required under various Regulations.
– Drafting and vetting various types of agreements
– Timely preparation and filing of e-forms and returns and updating of Statutory Registers
– Updating of policies and procedures pertaining to Secretarial compliances as per Companies Act or other allied laws.
– Keeping record and ensuring filing of forms and returns within the prescribed time limits and as per the applicable provisions
– Filing of returns, applications, documents, notices, etc. with the Registrar of Companies
– Ensuring compliances with applicable corporate laws
– Liaise with shareholders, external regulators, Government bodies, Legal Counsellors, Auditors, etc
– Providing general advice with regard to corporate secretarial practice and legal matters
– Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
– Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
– High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
– Self-motivated and must possess excellent leadership skills
KEY COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE:
1. Candidate should be a Company Secretary (and a member of ICSI)
2. Candidate having an additional qualification of a Law will be preferred.
3. Must possess good command on excel, word and power point.
4. Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant and recent experience
5. Adept at working with various stakeholders and ability to cope with a fast-paced environment.
6. Strong knowledge of the Indian Companies Act 2013 and compliances and related legal regulations like Foreign Exchange Management Act, General laws.
7. Experience of working with MCA and other statutory authorities as may be required under various legal provisions.
8. Candidate having worked in an infrastructure / real estate company with international funding will be preferred.