Company – Caspian Debt
– Caspian Debt is a specialized debt vehicle registered as a non-banking finance company (NBFC) and backed by reputed investors like SIDBI Venture Capital, Gray Ghost Ventures (USA), FMO (Dutch Govt Development Finance Institution), DFC (USA), and Triodos Investment Management, apart from its promoter Caspian Equity.
– Over the past 7 years, Caspian Debt has provided debt finance of about INR 20.6 Bn to more than 160 small and medium corporate entities across several high impact sectors like food & agribusiness, financial inclusion, healthcare, clean energy, education, drinking water, etc. Caspian Debt takes an investment approach to lending.
– Our loan ticket sizes range between INR 0.5-150 million. We provide a wide variety of financial products which include term loans, working capital, purchase order finance, bill discounting, receivables finance, revolving limits, venture debt, subordinated debt, guarantees, quasi-equity, etc. Unlike traditional lenders, Caspian Debt does not make lending decisions based on mortgage collateral but instead, depends upon business data and customised product structuring to make loans to high impact companies.
Caspian Culture – Caspian promotes meritocracy and is an equal opportunity employer. You will be an important part of our organization and will have a key role in our continuing success. Working as a team is critically important at Caspian. Our organization is lean and requires efficient solutions, unencumbered by excessive bureaucracy. As a result, we work together to find the most innovative answers, maintaining a very entrepreneurial environment.
We encourage you to visit our website at https://www.caspiandebt.in/ for more information on the firm.
Job Purpose/ Description :
We are looking for a Senior Associate – Legal to take ownership of the debt resolution processes at Caspian Debt.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– The position is expected to co-ordinate proceedings with regards to delinquent cases. This will include client conversations and coordinating legal proceedings. S/he is also expected to carry out drafting and execution of loan documents for new loans or amendment agreements, as an when needed
– S/he needs to adhere to and ensure adherence to legal practices and processes outlined for NBFCs by regulators and courts.
– Identifying and liaise with appropriate service providers for carrying out Debt Resolution for Caspian Debt.
– Representing Caspian Debt in legal matters related to debt resolution
– Handling correspondence with external parties, lenders, coordination of legal requests;
– Liaising with the internal departments as well as borrowers, notaries, external counsel, service providers, etc.
– Supporting the ongoing monitoring, operational, and legal functions of the investment team.
– Drafting, reviewing, releasing of legal notices for debt resolution
– Maintaining and updating an MIS with status of debt resolution
Legal Administrative activities:
– Filing and compliance for legal matters.
– Handling of legal documentation negotiation on legal clauses and execution of documents with the borrowers and lenders
– Keeping the management updated with recent developments on legal procedures as directed by regulator and courts
Job title Senior Associate – Legal & Compliance
Reports to AVP Operations
Location – Hyderabad
– Providing general legal and operational support to the organization for
– Ensuring compliance with the RBI Regulations;
– Carrying out data updates on various regulatory platforms (Eg: CRILC, CKYC, NESL etc)
– Validating loan structures and regulatory compliance .
– Support the ongoing monitoring, operational, and legal functions of the investment team on legal matters.
– Drafting, reviewing and processing legal documents
– Drafting and improving loan agreement template.
– Supporting execution of new loan agreements, as well as amendments to existing loan agreements and
corresponding administration, Issuance of NOC, NDAs, waivers, and other agreements;
– Liaising with Investment Managers, Risk Managers and Loan Operations Teams develop and process new deal structures and also implement amendments/waivers and other supplemental deal documents post-disbursement;
– Reviewing all types of legal agreements that are required for various purposes.
– Issuing compliance memo for disbursements
– Ensuring correctness of data in the Loan Management System
– Responsible for document safekeeping with the help of partners..
– Qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
Experience : A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in the legal department of an NBFC or a bank. Experience in a Financial Institution is mandatory. Preference will be given to those who have worked in debt resolution for corporate lending or corporate SME lending verticals of banks and NBFCs.
Education: LLB or equivalent
Specialized knowledge /Skills: NBFC / Bank
Professional Certification/Training on: Corporate Debt resolution, IBC process, SARFESI takeover.
– Highly team-oriented and results-driven
– Strong appetite for learning new things
– In-depth knowledge of relevant law and best practices
– Clear written and spoken communication
Travel requirements – Yes
Direct reports – Individual role