Job Purpose/ Description
We are looking for an Analyst OR Associate – Legal to take ownership of legal processes at Caspian.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Responsible for drafting, vetting, negotiating, review and closing various types of agreements such as term sheet, share subscription agreement, shareholders agreement, employment agreement, loan agreements, NCD subscription agreements and other definitive agreements for equity and debt investments.
– Creating standard templates for equity and debt transactions. Provide document execution support, indexing, and record-keeping of the executed agreements.
– Reviewing all types of agreements that are required for various purposes and business verticals. Negotiate terms of contracts with internal and external stakeholders.
– Undertake legal due diligence on clients and portfolio companies, including title search on immovable properties.
– Research, interpret, simplify, and assist the team members on day-to-day legal activities. Managing and advising upon contentious and non-contentious legal issues arising in the business from time to time
– Proactively track the regulatory changes and notifications issued by MCA, SEBI, and RBI. Manage statutory and contractual compliances, including compliances under the Companies Act, and the regulations framed by RBI and SEBI.
– Attend to court/arbitration cases and handle correspondence with external parties, law firms, advisors, lenders, and coordination of legal requests.
– Prepare MIS to keep management and Board informed of critical legal issues. Keep up to date records of all deliverables and documents
Qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
– Experience: A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in law firm. Experience in corporate and transaction advisory is mandatory.
– Education: Minimum LLB or equivalent
– Specialized knowledge /Skills: General Corporate and M&A
– Professional Certification:
– Highly team-oriented and results-driven
– Strong appetite for learning new things
– In-depth knowledge of relevant law and best practices
– Clear written and spoken communication
Travel requirements :
– Direct reports
– Individual Contributor
Caspian Impact Investments :
Caspian Debt (incorporated as – Caspian Impact Investments Pvt Ltd- ) is a specialized debt vehicle registered as a non-banking finance company (NBFC) and backed by reputed investors like SIDBI Venture Capital, Gray Ghost Ventures (USA), FMO (Dutch Govt Development Finance Institution), DFC (USA), and Triodos Investment Management, apart from its promoter Caspian Equity. Over the past 7 years, Caspian Debt has provided debt finance of about INR 16 Bn to more than 140 small and medium corporate entities across several high impact sectors like food & agribusiness, financial inclusion, healthcare, clean energy, education, water & sanitation, etc. Caspian Debt takes an investment approach to lending.
Our loan ticket sizes range between INR 10-200 million. We provide a wide variety of financial products which include term loans, working capital, purchase order finance, bill discounting, receivables finance, revolving limits, venture debt, subordinated debt, guarantees, quasi-equity, etc. Unlike traditional lenders, Caspian Debt does not make lending decisions based on mortgage collateral but instead, depends upon business data and customised product structuring to make loans to high impact companies.
THE CASPIAN CULTURE :
Caspian is an equal opportunity employer and all our hiring is based on merit and is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment to all members of our team You will be an important part of our organization and will have a key role in our continuing success. Working as a team is critically important at Caspian. Our organization is lean and requires efficient solutions, unencumbered by excessive bureaucracy. As a result, we work together to find the most innovative answers, maintaining a very entrepreneurial environment.
We encourage you to visit our website at Caspian Impact Investment for more information on the firm