Roles and Responsibilities :
Background The Firm :
A global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions, With annual revenue over US$15 billion and nearly 75,000 colleagues worldwide, our client helps their clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms.
Role Description :
Role Requirements :
– Provide analysis and counsel on a range of legal issues, including corporate issues, business structures and models, M&A, property-related issues, employment issues, insurance and reinsurance.
– Drafting and review of contracts and related documents for delivering service to clients and for procurement of goods and services, which inter-alia includes NDA, MSA, LIA, TOBA, international TSA, etc. bearing in mind requirements emanating from insurance laws.
– Experience of dealing with cross border group entities would be an added advantage
– Negotiate terms of contracts with internal and external stakeholders
– Analyse a broad range of complex laws and regulations affecting the operations of the Company including those arising from corporate structures and business models
– Develop company’s strategy in defending end enforcing suits.
– Engage outside counsel on complex legal issues, and supervise and coordinate all work sent to external law firms
– Develop a network of outside counsel to advice and represent the Company in consumer forums and other adjudicating forums
– Deal with enforcement agencies like police, CBI, ED, IT authorities, as and when required
– Anticipate and identify legal issues that concerns the organization and develop legal strategies and solutions, to mitigate exposure to the Company.
– Manage reviews and audits by internal & external auditors, IRDAI, etc. from a legal perspective.
– Identify and assess emerging changes in legislative & regulatory landscape impacting business and take corrective action including creation of new processes and systems.
– Create playbooks and standard templates for new business requirements.
– Educate the business teams from time to time on legal ways of working.
– Prepare MIS to keep management and Board informed of critical legal issues
– Keep up to date records of all deliverables and documents
– MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
– Excellent drafting and effective negotiation skills.
– Practical lawyering acumen, including the ability to balance risk and commercial imperatives.
– Efficient, ability to prioritize workload and multi-task.
– Tested project management skills.
– Detail-oriented and able to function well independently,
– Collaborative mindset with ability to work in diverse local and international setting.
– Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, including senior management and external stakeholders.
– Ability to manage team members and lend supervisory support to junior colleagues
– 6-10 years of in-house experience
– Experience working in an MNC in India
– Knowledge of general corporate law and insurance law.
– Experience handling high volume of contract review, drafting and negotiation
– Experience of handling employment and commercial litigations Insurance industry experience preferred.
– LLB from a reputed law school (Premium LLB i.e. NLU passport experience)
– Additional qualification in insurance/finance/secretarial practice is desirable
Functional Area-Legal, Regulatory, Intellectual Property
Employment Type-Full Time, Permanent