Job Description : A Leading NGO requires a Asst Manager/Manager – Legal
Job Responsibilities :
To ensure that the organization complies with all legal, statutory, CSR both internal and external requirements to safeguard and protect the brand image of the organization and to comply with all applicable laws
1) Maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
2) Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct and providing guidance to management and employees.
3) Consults with the corporate or legal attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues affecting the organization
4) Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
5) Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
6) Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities with all stakeholders including Donors, partners, etc. Liaising with various internal departments and external parties.
7) Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
8) Provides reports regularly, and as directed or requested, to keep the Compliance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
9) Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
10) Develop systems for monitoring and analyzing risk including money laundering, corruption and terrorism.
11) Legal research and follow up, referencing of legal documents.
12) Actively participate in employee grievance redressal and maintenance of Internal policies.
13) Ensuring monitoring mechanisms to protect the brand image of Habitat for Humanity.
14) Ensuring compliance with Registrar of companies, Reserve Bank of India, and other relevant bodies as applicable.
15) Ensuring statutory compliance on all activities – Direct and Indirect taxes, FCRA, shop and establishment, labour laws, All new strategic developments to be aligned in compliance with applicable statutes.
16) Ensure all legal agreements and MOUs are legally vetted and in compliance with all statutes. Develop monitoring mechanisms to protect the brand image of the NGO
17) Ensure Donor commitments are met and flag off and highlight areas of non-compliance especially concerning the new CSR requirements
Key Skills :
Mandatory : Fluency in English and Hindi is required
Industry : NGO
Gender : Open
Experience : 4-6 years- experience
Job Location : Andheri east, Mumbai
Working Days : 5 days
Qualification : LLB/LLM
Notice Period : Immediate joiners only