Arthmate – Head – Legal (5-10 yrs)
About the Company :
NSP group is a – Holding Company- providing shared support services in specialized domain of Project Management, Human Resources, Information Technology, Finance & Accounts and Legal Services to the group and subsidiary companies involved in other business activities in the food technology, financial technology and logistics business involving fleet of commercial vehicles across the country.
Job / Profile Brief :
The – Head – Legal- position will report directly to the President / Chairman / CEO of the company. He / She will provide support in a one-on-one working relationship with Business / Functions Heads and stake-holders of the various businesses. This position will be an individual contributory (IC) role at the onset and would serve as the primary point of contact for all legal matters.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The individual in this role will have to work independently advising internal customers on various operational and legal issues and providing the best solution and advise within the framework of applicable laws, regulations and licensing conditions.
– Identify the legal provisions pertaining to drafting and vetting of all sorts of legal documents like loan documents, policies and processes, and documents as may be requested by various departments. Drafting and vetting of Non-Disclosure (NDA) Agreements, specific deal, or transaction documents etc. and agreements on various issues involving wide spectrum of Law in order to mitigate the chances of litigation and safeguarding organizational interest.
– In addition to the above, he / she would be responsible for drafting / review of various types of other contracts such as employment agreements, consultancy agreements, service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, Software licensing agreement, Referral agreements, memorandum of understanding, manufacturing agreement, distribution agreement, transaction documentation, lease agreements, letters, concept notes, memos, undertakings etc.
– Providing legal opinion & advises about mandatory registrations and compliances Design, manage & maintain a system to track whether contracts have been executed, including a reminder system for any required follow-up.
– Preparing and finalizing the Legal Notices or the replies pleadings in the plaints, written statements/replies, applications, evidence, affidavits etc. to be submitted in respective Courts or Forums.
– Standardization of documentation (i.e. setting up of documentation grid) for internal teams.
– Understanding the commercial & legal implications of contract clauses, Risk and obligation assessment of contracts and, identification of risk mitigation strategies Conducting legal research, preparing and vetting of Licensing and Service agreements, Investment agreements and Client agreement, Letter of Intents, MOU and other contracts for internal clients.
– Candidate should be updated on the Regulatory & Statutory updates and legal trends with respect to the Banking / NBFC, Fintech, Foodtech, Logistics industry and its impact on the group and subsidiary companies.
– Resolving legal queries and giving legal advices to the other departments.
Desired Candidate Profile (Education Qualifications, Work Experience and Skills) :
1) LLB / LLM degree from a Tier I / II law college.
2) CA and / or CS certification will be an added advantage.
3) Work experience of 5-10 years with a Legal Firm or Legal Department of a Bank / NBFC.
4) Candidate with experience in FinTech and NBFC’s will be preferred.
5) Should have sound knowledge and exposure to the following :
a) Corporate Law
b) Labour Laws
c) RBI Regulations w.r.t contracts, collections and recovery
d) Contracts and service agreement drafting
e) Recovery Procedures-Negotiable Instruments Act; SARFAESI Act
6) Ability and willingness to learn the process and digital orientation. Knowledge of Corporate Legal Issues, drafting and reviewing Legal Agreements, understanding of business and financial combination Knowledge of all general laws related to banking, non-banking such as Indian Contract Act. Companies Act, SEBI, Arbitration Act, DRT, I BC, Stamp Act, Transfer of Property Act, Debt Recovery Act and all RBI related guidelines for NBFC.
7) Understanding of and support in relation to legal and commercial aspects and compliance in relation to transactions including mergers, joint ventures, acquisitions, shareholders agreements, etc.
8) Should have excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills with ability to negotiate and convince the counterparty etc.
9) Should be self-motivated, assertive, hardworking and result oriented team player with a Positive attitude with an eye for detail.
10) Practical and problem-solving approach with ability to meet deliverable expectations of Management irrespective of constraints i.e. time, location etc.