About the role:
Maintain balance between statutory compliances and business interests of the company without being noncompliant to the laws and bye laws applicable to the organization in a country like India where Law is Sovereign. This position is important & critical in the circle and involves assisting the Circle Business Head and Company in advising, actioning and handling all the Legal and Regulatory issues pertaining to the all departments in the circle.
– Litigation & Contract Management and de-risking of the business at Circle
– Pro-active engagement of the stake holders (internal & external) & process corrections to minimize risk & exposure.
– Handling all Regulatory Operational matters and setting up processes for the same
– Business partnering and ensuring ease of doing business
– Setting up robust processes for the Regulatory Operations and de-risking the business by ensuring compliance and submission of reports and compliances to authorities
– Ensuring all Statutory & Regulatory Compliances internal and external.
– To support all other functions by providing required assistance and advice.
– Engaging and Advising Advocates/Sr. Advocates in high exposer matters before different forums.
– A peoples manager having experience as an advocate, and also having experience in dealing with the telecom regulators and other DoT/TERM/TRAI/Law & Order officials
– Having full knowledge of court processes and practices.
– Having independent handled high exposer litigation
– LLB or equivalent
– Additional business or law related qualifications/degree would be an advantage
Candidate from Telecom background Preferred.